Friday, October 2, 2009

Lucas with the Lid Off

I was really craving a burger when Yom Kippur got out (but couldn't satisfy the urge that evening - so it had to hold off for the next day). My office mates have a tendency to think that Burger Ranch = burger, but I needed a real burger.

So I did the responsible thing, I ordered Lucas.

Lucas should actually be commended - a while back they lowered their lunch deal prices by 22% - and now their 250 gr burger deal is actually quite a bit cheaper than Burger Ranch!

The ORDER: 250 Gram Burger Lunch Deal עסקית בורגר 250 גרם with one side dish (Fries, Israeli Salad, Rice, Mashed Potatoes) - I ordered with Fries
The PRICE: 29 NIS

Special Requests: My friend asked for only lettuce, and they came through. You also had the choice of selecting the degree of cooking - I chose Medium (since I thought Medium Rare wouldn't go over so well in a delivery).

The DELIVERABLE: A nice big burger packaged separately from the fries, and clearly marked with degree of cooking, and special requests. Since it comes from Tel Aviv, and a good couple of hours later - the one perk about ordering Burger Ranch, where it comes hot from the grill - it came cold. This burger definitely blows any burger chain burger out of the water - that is a tasty burger. I also liked that you get a nice little baggie with condiments - with a nice amount to pull you through the meal without having to search the kitchen drawers for extras - and they were Heinz (none of this Osem madness). They probably could have been more generous about the fries, but seeing as I didn't even manage to finish my burger (I know, pathetic), I shouldn't be greedy.



The VERDICT: Probably would have been a better sit in meal, but definitely value for the money, and a good burger in general. Good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your own 10Bytes and gripes - or Cibusts - this is a place for our voices to be heard!