Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bubble Rap

I'm a little 10Bis obsessed (in the off chance that detail was somehow missed).

I went out to this pub the other night and decided to have some eats.

When I received the menu, I saw that they had this sort of a symbiotic relationship with the restaurant Bubble - a 10Bis restaurant. (You can imagine my pleasure at seeing this. I was like Jojo the idiot circus boy.) I immediately asked if they accept 10Bis. To which I received a curt 'No'. My over-developed sense of justice attempted to pursue this a bit further (knowing Bubble is a 10Bis restaurant) - to no avail. Alas, I ordered without the 10Bis - which (bearing in mind my previous post Epiphany) - may have influenced the quality of the order.

I should note that I was especially pleased - as this is a restaurant that is usually out of my distribution area (yes, I sometimes login with my spouse's 10Bis to see everything I'm missing out on working outside of the Tel Aviv metropolitan area).

The ORDER: The steak sandwich.
The PRICE: At 31 NIS was a steal, in my opinion - especially at a pub at prime hours.

The DELIVERABLE: I apologize for the lack of pictures (flashless cameraphone in a dark pub = no pictures) - but I'll try and be as graphic as possible. First off, the bread was like this homemade number which was a cross between a bun and an English muffin (just not as dry) - flat on both sides but nice and supple inside. There was a nice amount of meat -which was exactly steak sandwich style - none of this faux steak - roastbeef-esque - business. Fresh veggies + spicy mayonnaise + ketchup make for a goooood sandwich.

The VERDICT: Definitely a good investment. Plus it arrived super-fast for a delivery. Stars all around. (Again though, ordered minus 10Bis - which contributes to the growing 10Bis disrespect theory).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your own 10Bytes and gripes - or Cibusts - this is a place for our voices to be heard!