Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Plain Chutzpah

Quick gripe of the morning...so apropos the taking advantage of people when their hands are tied post below.

A good example I encountered this morning.

I went to say goodbye to my mom at the airport - and we decided to have coffee.

Now, I should say - I live in Tel Aviv - potentially the most expensive city in Israel, so I know the price of coffee. Even the higher price of coffee. Coffee at its most chic, luxurious, indulgent price.

19 NIS is plain extortion. I was literally insulted by the gall of it.

Juiceland at Ben Gurion Airport charges 19 NIS for a large coffee! Really?! (And in case you can't see my face - it's rather taken aback). That's obnoxious to say the least.

A quick aside - the coffee place at the arrivals area only charges 15 NIS (not cheap either - but not so out of line) - so you're better off getting your coffee there, before you ascend to the departures area. McDonald's also has a McCafe if you're willing to sacrifice a bit of quality.


I don't often like supporting establishments that clearly exploit their customers - but this time my hands were tied, as my mom was waiting (and didn't have much time for me to take one of my consumer stands).

However, next time I shall be well aware ahead of time - and I shall be sure to not support such a venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your own 10Bytes and gripes - or Cibusts - this is a place for our voices to be heard!