Friday, September 18, 2009

Eat your Vegetables!

I'm aware I'm double-posting but I didn't realize how difficult it is to actually maintain a blog (I was pretty sure at some my point this blog would become self-sufficient).

My friends ordered from a new Asian place - and since nothing really appealed to me on their menu (have I mentioned that I'm picky with my stir-fry?) - I went out on a limb with something completely different.

Tag'in טאג'ין

The ORDER: Lunch Deal Main Dish with Two Side Dishes served with Pickled Vegetables עסקית מנה עיקרית ושתי תוספות וחמוצי הבית
The PRICE: 29 NIS

My CHOICE: Chicken Meatballs with Olives, Buchari (I'm definitely misspelling this one) Ushpalau Rice, and Vegetables


The DELIVERABLE: The packaging was leaky - which I hate, by the time you've gotten the food to the kitchen it's dripped halfway across the office - and then you have that panic attack when you actually have to open the bag and you know it's going to spill everywhere in the kitchen too.


The chicken meatballs and olives were spot on - they tasted just like home - and the meatballs themselves were huge. The rice was fine - a bit dry but edible and tasted good enough - the vegetables were seriously lacking. They were more soup than a vegetable side dish. Now I usually like vegetables - but this was not appealing.


The VERDICT: Filling meal - good enough, when in a bind.


On a completely different note - and on a completely different day - but I figure they still deserve props - my friends ordered from a place called HaTabun VeHamangal - which is the McDonald's equivalent of an Israeli typical restaurant (they're a chain and I think they have one in every city). There are the more generic versions that can be called Mangeliyat HaSteak, Steakiyat HaTabun or any other such thing, and they all usually bring you with your meal a lot of salads and pitas - with free refills.


This place decided that if the customer isn't going to come to them - well hell, they'll bring it to the customer. This was the most insane order I've seen in a long time. (They offered a table and chairs too! But you know there's a limit to what one person can eat.)


SHANA TOVA U'METUKA AND CHAG SAMEACH TO ALL OF AM YISRAEL!

May this new year bring us many good 10Bis meals!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your own 10Bytes and gripes - or Cibusts - this is a place for our voices to be heard!