Tuesday, September 1, 2009

And We Have a Winner Folks...Bisim!

10Bis has broken my free spirit. While I previously liked to consider myself open to trying new things...after a few serious debacles, I decided to forego this audacious, brash, rash behavior.

I like to go for a sure thing now.
Bisim is a sure thing. This is the third time I've ordered from there (and although there were two stain incidents with my other meals - which obviously cannot be attributed to them in any way - but annoying nonetheless) I must say I'm a happy camper once again.

The CLAIM:
Caesar Salad with Chicken Breast, Lettuce Hearts, Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onion, served with a roll of choice

My CHOICE: Caesar Salad
Special Requests: Chicken and dressing on the side


The DELIVERABLE: What can I say? They don't disappoint.


From the PACKAGING:

Everything was separated as asked for, and neatly and cleanly packaged - and I got TWO (rather fresh - might I add) rolls! Score!

To the FOOD:






The condensation on the container tells you it's fresh vegetables that came nice and chilled - while I'd have preferred more lettuce hearts (it was mostly regular chopped lettuce) - this was definitely not one of those salads you could have chopped yourself. Nicely cut, attention to the size of the vegetables (onions thinly sliced - as they should be), with a nice freshness to the vegetables. Plus - they didn't add any unmentioned/undesired vegetables. I hate the vegetable surprise.
The chicken as you can see also came warm - which is a tough combination and very impressive - chilled salad plus warm chicken. Definitely earned extra points for that.

The seasoning of the chicken was perfect for Caesar salad. I have a serious issue with places that'll market their chicken salad as a Caesar salad when there's no real differentiator between the two. The chicken is usually grilled the same way on some flat top grill whether it's for a chicken salad, Caesar salad, or grilled chicken breast with french fries. Such is not the case with Bisim - this is the exact seasoning for Caesar salad. (Which may be a complete coincidence - making their chicken salad or grilled chicken with fries taste very similar to a Caesar salad - but since this was my dish, I was rather pleased). The dressing was also just right. Although this was a kosher restaurant - so it couldn't be the traditional anchovy Caesar salad dressing - it was as close as it comes for the kosher version.

The VERDICT: Full stars all around - except for speed - because really even though they arrived earlier than most, it still took two hours. Definitely RECOMMENDED.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your own 10Bytes and gripes - or Cibusts - this is a place for our voices to be heard!